Opening early Spring 2021
Supportive Independent and Assisted Living
A modern and active supportive independent and assisted living community, the Preserve blends the care and compassion Briarcliffe is known for with the modern elegance of sixty-six luxury private residences. Residents will enjoy beautiful indoor and outdoor living spaces along with access to amenities, concierge and personal care services, creating the perfect lifestyle.
“We have spent the last decade dreaming about this project and are incredibly excited to be able to add the Preserve to our campus in the coming months. We really believe that, like our other offerings, the Preserve will be in a league of its own and comparable to none.”
Join the VIP List to receive additional information.
Special Architectural Features
We have invested in many features that the casual observer may not notice.
Why? Because we want you to be able to age in place, to feel safe and have easy access to the outdoors. We created spaces that are light and airy with a home like environment. We want the feeling of your community to be just right– not too big, not too small and personalized to meet your discerning standards.
- Ability to age in place – Fire code standards at assisted living communities typically require residents evacuate independently without assistance. Built to higher healthcare standards and fire codes, The Preserve is allowed to utilize a “defend in place” strategy where this is not required. Our residents can age in place longer from a fire code perspective due to the building type.
- Climate issues– New England states are seeing a greater frequency of climate issues. Our back-up generator is big enough to power the entire building for approximately 7 days, considerably more than what the standards require
- Two large elevators for access to the second floor (44 apartments). Although not needed, the second elevator, was added for peace of mind and safety.
- Barrier free showers in every bathroom for ease of access
- Emergency alarm pull stations in the apartments
- Individual heating and air-conditioning controls in each apartment
- Travel distances from individual apartments to bistro, dining and other amenities short and reasonable
- Access to outdoors– Most ground floor apartments come with individual patios and easy access to the outdoors. Most second floor apartments with traditional or Juliet balconies
- The low-profile two-story structure is in harmony with the neighborhood and provides a sense of home
- Wide corridors, extra-large windows, high ceilings bring an abundance of natural light and create a light airy feeling
- Designer colors on accent walls, quartz counters in kitchenettes and coordinating cabinets
- Physician office